Starting in January 2010, FOUR new DAMA / ICCP data exams are available for beta testing at no charge. The exam beta period is January through June 30, 2010.
The new exams are aligned with the DAMA-DMBOK. They are the Data Management Core, Data Development, Data Warehousing and Data Operations and Security exams. The original Data Management and DBA exams have been replaced and both will be retired at a future point.
If you like your score on a beta exam, you can convert a maximum of two of the four beta exams (Data Management Core and one of your choice) towards the CDMP at a cost of $195 per exam. (You can also use these exams for conversion ($195 each) to recertification / professional development credits, if you already have a CDMP. For example, if you score 70% or higher on a beta exam, you have the equivalent of 60 recertification / professional development credits (you need 120 credits over 3 years).
There are new CDMP exam requirements in 2010
The IS Core AND Data Management Core are now both mandatory exams, and the third exam is a data specialty exam of your choice, e.g. Data Development, Data Operations and Security, Data and Information Quality, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, or Zachman Enterprise Architecture Framework2.
NOTE: The IS Core, Data and Information Quality, Business Intelligence and Analytics, and Zachman Enterprise Architecture Framework2 exams are all currently available at the regular exam price of $285 each.
The DAMA / ICCP exam development teams have been diligently at work developing these exams since the DAMA-DMBOK came out in April 2009. A big ‘thank you’ goes out to the following exam team members: Francine Adams, Pat Cupoli, Kewal Dhariwal, Susan Earley, Mahesh Harvu, Deborah Henderson, Loretta Smith, George Swan, Gil Laware, Mona Pomraning, Eva Smith, John Whitehouse, and Stuart Varden.
DAMA Chapter guidelines for sponsoring the beta exams:
- One designated individual must be the volunteer exam coordinator and proctor for the beta exams at the DAMA Chapter meeting. Proctors must be qualified and acceptable to the ICCP and sign a proctor confidentiality agreement.
- Determine when and where to hold the exam session. Some chapters will host exams as part of the chapter’s meeting. Others hold sessions at night or on Saturdays.
- A classroom arrangement (tables and chairs) is best with sufficient electrical outlets as the participants will be using their laptops to run the exams.
- he exam coordinator must contact the ICCP office ahead of the exam session to order a number of beta exams to be given. ICCP contact information: email@example.com, 1-800-843-8227, or 847-299-4227.
- Let the ICCP office know if other CDMP exams will be given at the exam session. Cost is $285 USD per exam. Payment information must be collected by the exam coordinator / proctor.
- Note: there is no profit-sharing arrangement for beta exams. The profit-sharing arrangement between DAMA Chapters and ICCP applies to paid exams only.
- Each exam taker must bring a laptop as an exam runs off a USB drive.
- Each exam contains 100 multiple choice questions plus 10 extra beta questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
- If you pass the exam and want to apply it towards the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation, there will be a conversion charge of $195 USD (the regular exam price is $285 USD) payable to the ICCP.
- The beta test is FREE. You will have to fill out an application, but no payment is expected unless you are taking other exams, applying this exam towards the CDMP, or applying this exam towards recertification credit.
Unadjusted scores are immediately available after the exam has been completed. Official scores will be available after the DAMA / ICCP team meets again – which is sometime after the beta exam period ends on June 30, 2010.
If you are starting your CDMP in 2010, there are new exam requirements: IS Core (mandatory), Data Management Core (mandatory) and one data exam of your choice, e.g. Data Development, Data Operations and Security, Data and Information Quality, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, or Zachman Enterprise Architecture Framework2.
Further information can be obtained from the DAMA website (www.dama.org, the ICCP website (http://www.iccp.org) or by contacting the DAMA ICCP Directors at ICCP_Liaison@DAMA.org. Exam outlines are available at http://www.iccp.org/iccpnew/outlines.html#21
The DAMA-DMBOK can be ordered through http://www.amazon.com
Post Provided by ICCP Director Pat Cupoli, CCP, CDMP, CBIP