AM ACH APTERS MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT
We still need people to take the new Data Operations (DBA) exam. The free beta period for this exam has been extended until September 30, 2010. This new data exam is aligned with the D
If you like your score, you can convert this exam towards the CDMP at a cost of $195 USD. If you already have a CDMP, you can use this exam for conversion ($195 USD) to recertification / professional development credits. For example, if you score 70% or higher on a beta exam, you can convert it to 60 recertification / professional development credits. A score of 60 – 69% earns 30 recertification credits; a score of 50 – 59% earns 20 credits and less than 50% earns no credit.
There are new exam requirements in 2010: IS Core (mandatory), Data Management Core (mandatory) and one data exam of your choice, e.g. Data Development, Data Operations (DBA), Data and Information Quality, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and
Analytics, or Zachman Enterprise Architecture Framework2. All exams (other than the Data Operations exam) are currently available at a cost of $285 USD per exam.
Chapter guidelines for sponsoring the beta exams:
- One designated individual must be the volunteer exam coordinator and proctor for the beta exams at the D
AM AChapter meeting. Proctors must be qualified and acceptable to the ICCP and sign a proctor confidentiality agreement.
- Determine when and where to hold the exam session. Some chapters will host exams as part of the chapter's meeting. Others hold sessions at night or on Saturdays.
Aclassroom arrangement (tables and chairs) is best with sufficient electrical outlets as the participants will be using their laptops to run the exams.
- The exam coordinator must contact the ICCP office ahead of the exam session to order a number of beta exams to be given. ICCP contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-843-8227, or 847-299-4227.
- Let the ICCP office know if other CDMP exams will be given at the exam session. Cost is $285 USD per exam. Payment information must be collected by the exam coordinator / proctor.
- Note: there is no profit-sharing arrangement for beta exams or payment for proctoring. The profit-sharing arrangement between D
AM AChapters and ICCP applies to paid exams only.
Exam taker Information regarding the new beta exam:
- Each exam taker must bring a laptop as an exam runs off a USB drive.
- Each exam contains 100 multiple choice questions plus 10 extra beta questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
- If you pass the exam and want to apply it towards the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation, there will be a conversion charge of $195 USD (the regular exam price is $285 USD) payable to the ICCP.
- The beta test is FREE. You will have to fill out an application, but no payment is expected unless you are taking other exams, applying this exam towards the CDMP, or applying this exam towards recertification credit.
Some technical requirements:
- The exam software runs on all Windows platforms. It is best to use a Windows laptop rather than another laptop platform, e.g. Apple Mac.
- The new version of the Exam Mechanic Presenter software requires .NET 3.5. If you get a message stating that your laptop does not run this version, then the proctor must bring up the older Exam Mechanic software that is on the USB in a separate folder.
- If the laptop is a corporate laptop, the proctor needs to ask if it encrypts when saving files. If it does, then the exam taker needs to obtain another laptop to use or let the ICCP office know the password (if known). Otherwise, the ICCP office will not be able to read encrypted files.
- Remote internet proctoring requires a webcam, headset with microphone and identification to show.
If there is no DAMA Chapter near you, remote proctoring is available through the ICCP office (email@example.com). Since the beta exams are free exams, you must start your exam between 9:00 am – 2:30 pm Central Time (US). The ICCP office requires two weeks notice for remote proctoring appointments. If you are taking a regular (non beta) exam at $285 each, you have more flexibility in scheduling.
Keep in mind that these exams are beta exams. The scores have to be reviewed and adjusted by the D
AM A/ ICCP team after all the results have been received. Scores may be adjusted upwards, but will NOT be adjusted downwards on review of the performance of questions.
Unadjusted scores are immediately available after the exam has been completed. Official scores will be available after the D
AM A/ ICCP team meets again – which is sometime after the beta exam period ends on September 30, 2010.
Further information can be obtained from the D
AM Awebsite (www.dama.org), the ICCP website (www.iccp.org), or by contacting the D AM AICCP Directors at ICCP_Liaison@DAMA.org. Additional exam outlines are available at http://www.iccp.org/iccpnew/outlines.html#21. The D AM A-DMBOK can be ordered through www.amazon.com.
Patricia Cupoli, CCP, CDMP, CBIP
AM AICCP Director
Data Operations (DBA) Exam Subject Outline
1.0 Data Operations Management (56) Section 1 Total
1.1 Database Support (50)
1.2 Database Standards (6)
2.0. SQL Considerations (14) Section 5 Total
2.1 SQL Basics (2)
2.2. DDL - Data Definition Language (2)
2.3. DML - Data Manipulation Language (6)
2.4. DCL - Data Control Language (2)
2.5. Data Dictionary (Systables) (2)
3.0 Data Technology Management (15) Section 3 Total
3.1 Planning, Evaluation and Selection (9)
3.2 Implementing Data Technology (6)
4.0 Data Security Management (15) Section 3 Total
4.1 Data Security Principles (8)
4.2 Data Security Implementation (7)